Blog of the Green Mage

This Blog is kind of an extension to my Youtube Page, and they pretty much go hand-in-hand. Here I post about what video game playthroughs I am currently doing and which ones I'm thinking about doing in the future, my thoughts on games I've played and gaming news, and maybe just what's been up with me lately.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Summer Triumvirate of Playthroughs

Posted by Gamree the Green Mage



     Summer is almost upon us, and with the college semester coming to an end, it is time that we begin a new journey!  But why hold out for just one playthrough?  I have been away for a while, so let's make up that time, shall we?  Enter The Triumvirate: the three playthroughs/Let's Plays that I will be uploading to various different video upload sites this summer.  The three games showcased in the video and that i will be uploading videos are Red Steel 2, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and The Journeyman Project Turbo!

FAQ
- The summer playthroughs will begin on Friday, May 13th, 2011. Before you ask, no, that wasn't planned; I've been trying for the past few months to get one or all of these playthroughs started in some capacity, but haven't been able to because of school and work. I finally decided last month that the best time to start them would be right after college ended for the summer. After that decision, I looked at the calender: my last day of school was Thursday, May 12th. The very next day was Friday the 13th. Seeing how 13 is my number, there couldn't have been a better, stronger sign than that for beginning the game videos on that day.

- Assuming I can get my butt into gear and aren't burdened down by unexpected events that suck up my free time, there will be multiple uploads each week.

- Each playthrough/Let's Play will be hosted exclusively on a different video upload site. Links will be given later on.

- Because I tried to upload the video playthrough here on youtube about a year ago but ran into several problems when trying to do so, the Red Steel 2 Playthrough is a "Reboot." This means that a majority of the game footage/commentary was done a year ago, but the videos have been re-edited and improved upon significantly to take advantage of my new video editing skills.

- The Amnesia: The Dark Descent Playthrough will not be vocally commentated, but instead through the text-based comments that can be found in many of my videos. The reasoning for this will be explained in the actual playthrough. The other two games will have regular commentary.

- The Amnesia: The Dark Descent playthrough will also be my first playthrough uploaded in 1080p. Because of that, consistent uploads will be harder for it since the file sizes will be significantly larger and therefore take much longer to upload.

- Because Youtube says so, this video has been blocked in Germany. Sorry, Germans! -.-;

- As for the Let's Plays for the Portal games... those are still in the works, but the exact date or time for when I will be doing them is anybody's guess right now, mine included.

- That wasn't too bad for someone who doesn't listen to music, eh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment