Blog of the Green Mage

This Blog is kind of an extension to my Youtube Page, and they pretty much go hand-in-hand. Here I post about what video game playthroughs I am currently doing and which ones I'm thinking about doing in the future, my thoughts on games I've played and gaming news, and maybe just what's been up with me lately.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) Offline Playthrough Comes to a Close

Posted by Gamree the Green Mage

     Well, holy crud, it's been a long journey to this point.  At exactly three months long, this has been my longest playthrough of a game yet, and that's not even including when I first tried out the MH3 demo about a month before the game's release (and the ensuing carnage of me attempting to take on Toluca and his lovely Rathian slave).  I began the playthrough and game a complete newbie and worked my way up to... er, whatever the heck I am in the game today.  <.<;

     The final few videos of the the final battle against the Ceadeus to save Moga Village have been recorded, and the offline story mode campaign thingamajiger has been uploaded to Youtube successfully!  Below are the final videos of repelling the Ceadeus, as well as the very last video following the battle where I round off the playthrough during the credits (will edit in later).  Including the 2 "Out & About" videos as well as the ultra-special "Remember..." video, the MH3 playlist numbers exactly 150 videos!









------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: July 27, 2010 @ ~5:30 pm


     Holy crud, this video took fricken' forever to upload!  It was originally set to be uploaded early Sunday morning, as that was the day my family and I were set to leave on our vacation, but I still needed some final audio tweaking and render processing to do before finally uploading the video, so I missed my own deadline.  Finally arrived at our destination later that day (future posts will be describing in detail about the vacation), and I found that the supposed "WiFi" our hotel had sucked big-time.  Constant drops from the Internet, barely a signal anywhere in the room, and slow connection times overall pretty much meant that using the Internet wasn't going to be any easy task.

     Finally (and miraculously) got the final video of the Monster Hunter 3 Playthrough up, though, and although audio was still kind of all over the place, it's good enough to get the message across.  Anyway, notes on things mentioned in this specific video.  I am on vacation at the moment, and due to the aforementioned shoddy internet connection and how it simply despises connecting to Youtube (successful 1 out of every 10 tries, if I'm lucky), I won't be visiting Youtube to check/moderate comments, PMs, or obviously to upload any videos.  Not going to worry too much about anything Youtube- or playthrough-related while I'm over here on vacation.  The connection here is strong and consistent enough where I can still come post and update on my blog, however, which I plan to do during my vacation days.  I will, however, be uploading one or two update videos sometime after I get back from vacation (will probably be working weekend I get back as well, so videos will have to wait after that, too).  These videos will explain what I plan (or might be planning) to do concerning MH3 online and post-offline quests, as well as my next playthrough(s), and several (special?) changes I am thinking about doing to how I am currently doing things.  I will also be writing out what I say in that video here as well, but only after it has been posted up to Youtube.  But for now, gonna stop thinking about Youtubing and just gonna go vacation.  See ya guys in a bit.

4 comments:

ColeNelson said...

I no your not going to see this but this is just a couple questions for when you get back.
1.Are you going to finish you redsteel 2 thing?
2.(comment) im going to make a account just to sub to you(and maybe do a HH3 playthrough of my own)
3.Where were you going on vacation?

ColeNelson said...

are you back yet?.....

Gamree the Green Mage said...

@Cole Nelson Back from vacation? Yes. Back to making videos and updating my blog? Not quite yet. College has been very demanding as of late, and has been sucking up so much of my time that I haven't been able to make any videos or even sit down to write out anything that isn't a college paper report. XP

ColeNelson said...

That sucks, hope you get some free time for yourself soon, its not like all your subscribers are all gonna unsubscribe just because youve been stuck doing college work...or will they?>.>

Post a Comment