Blog of the Green Mage

This Blog is kind of an extension to my Youtube Page, and they pretty much go hand-in-hand. Here I post about what video game playthroughs I am currently doing and which ones I'm thinking about doing in the future, my thoughts on games I've played and gaming news, and maybe just what's been up with me lately.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Brawl in the Family Online Store Opens

Posted by Gamree the Green Mage

 
     Yeah, so a little late with this post... or maybe a lot, but still gonna put it up here for people to know.  One of my favorite online comic strips, called Brawl in the Family, just recently opened up a store for their site.  What is Brawl in the Family?  If the comic's title (or my interest concerning the word Brawl") hasn't slightly given it away by now, Brawl in the Family is mainly focused on making humorous comic strips based on Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Nintendo characters, and by some slight extension, some non-Nintendo characters (although they have affiliation in some way, i.e. Solid Snake from Metal Gear).  I find many of their comic strips to be hilarious and nostalgic, while also being thought-provoking at times (just like a good comic strip).  As I mentioned, they just recently opened up a new online store to sell merchandise promoting their comics, which can be found here.

     It's nothing too big or fancy as of right now, but I'm sure it will definitely grow with time as they begin making more merchandise and money off said items.  But for now, it is interesting to see what they have.  A couple shirts with some cool and funny references to a few of their comics, a nice little (green) Zelda-esque mug for your own "World's Best Hero," and...

     MIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Er, I mean- *cough* Ahem, I... guess it's kinda cute... if you like those kinds of plushies.  It's a very fuzzy, er, funny take on my favorite Brawl character, and those dark little eyes just seem to be crying out for a great big hu- I mean, they're staring straight into the depths of my soul.  More research may need to be done on this little guy in order to cuddle- I mean, classify whether or not he's worth your money, so I shall brave my wallet by ordering said creature and examining him closely, specifically to see if he makes for a great replacement for a teddy bear while falling asleep... not that I have a teddy bear...  <.<;

     Er, yes, speaking of which, BitF's grand opening of their store isn't without its grandeur.  For a limited time only (and since I'm posting this much later than I originally expected, that's incredibly limited now), the items in their store have been discounted a few bucks from their original prices.  They have claimed this opening discount will last until their next comic update, which if I'm not wrong, means that the sale will last until this Tuesday, so if you see anything you like, now might be a good time to dish out the dough for it.

     In the mean time, I might as well post up a few of my favorite BitF comics while I'm at it, so below are just a couple out of the many hilarious comics that I have enjoyed from them (and hope you will enjoy them, too).  Click on the comic to view it on its original page at BitF and get some more insight from the creators themselves.


     All comic material is copyright and owned by BitF, Brawl in the Family.

 

5 comments:

ColeNelson said...

Hey Gamree, its me...again(sry for all the posts)I totally understand on the research thing,i just thought with your college work and your work work you might like the help, as for the recording thing, i figured you did, i was just wondering, and as for this blog,entry,thing. i read through some of the comics(on the actual page) and i was laughing SO hard, thanks for putting this up, i now have one more thing to look forward to this summer!
(and i highly recomend the dededoll, it gives you a variety of plushies to choose from!...<.<,not that i would know...I TYPED NOTHNG!

Magicklorelai said...

OMG THAT DEDEDOLL SO CUUUUUUUTE


*ahem*

Looks fun, and thanks for sharing the comics too! I actually laughed at "OOK!!"

ColeNelson said...

Hi Gamree! I keep forgetting to post this to you ( i dont know why i cant remember it when im typing a comment) but its about your monster hunter 3 hammers, when you charge up the hammer the best time to release the charge is during its double blink,flash,thing, before the light dims which is were you've been releasing it. it may be hard to time it to hit the monster on the double flash, but it will be worth it.
Who doesnt want to do more damage in a video game!
Keep up the videos!

Gamree the Green Mage said...

@Magicklorelai That comic gets me every time. XD Diddy Kong is just hilarious in it.

I'm also eventually hoping they'll make a shirt for the Mario and Smokey the Bear Comic. Would definitely buy that. =D

ColeNelson said...

-.-, im sorry but....Hey Gamree!i've been watching your vids over and over again(nice sense of humor!) and with th knifes on monstrer hunter, you usually have to throw 3-4 in a row to get them to work, in your fight against cleft you only used 1 and then later you used 2, but thats just me trying to give you a tip and am probably annoying the heck out of you with my constant comments and tips. im done now. and just for the record,tht dededoll does look fun...if your in to that sorta thing (YES! i have eough to get it!!)

Post a Comment