Blog of the Green Mage

This Blog is kind of an extension to my Youtube Page, and they pretty much go hand-in-hand. Here I post about what video game playthroughs I am currently doing and which ones I'm thinking about doing in the future, my thoughts on games I've played and gaming news, and maybe just what's been up with me lately.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Interesting Weekend...

Posted by Gamree the Green Mage

     Okay, pretty much just making this post because I did a ton of things this weekend I feel like blogging about, and besides the atrociously long rant I'm about to post here soon, were probably the highlights of my weekend.

     So my "weekend" started early when I left my apartment Thursday evening for the hour-long drive to a neighboring city where I work and where my immediate family lives.  I had an eye appointment Friday afternoon, so I thought it best to get down there the day before to make sure I didn't miss it; plus, it was a weekend I was supposed to work anyway.  So I went to my eye appointment, got that done and over with, and then took my new prescription to another Eye Glass store to buy some new frames, since they had a sale going on for buy one, get one free on frames for $80-$100, a good deal in my book.  So now I have two new pairs of glasses to wear (thank goodness, too, since my last pair were bent and in terrible condition).  While one looks like a slightly better model than my original, the other pair has blue frames on it.  D@mn, I look good in blue!  =D  Anyway, it was shortly after that I found out I wasn't working at all for the weekend, for reasons which will be explicitly explained in my next blog post.  -.-;  After getting my new glasses, I went to BestBuy and finally got myself a new phone set for my apartment, which I probably should have done sooner rather than later because the ancient piece-of-crud phone currently in my apartment has been slowly dying out over the past few months (note to readers: loud, constant random static will hurt your ears).  I'm curious about setting it up and trying it out to see how it works, and am happy of the idea that I will no longer be tethered down to the receiver any more (stupid wired phones...).

     Don't remember anything else I did Friday, but Saturday was definitely a busy day.  My family and I went to the annual Colorado Renaissance Festival that is held each Summer.  This was about our sixth or seventh year going, I believe, and it was still a blast.  As the Festival is quite... eh, festive... I do dress up each time we go (only one in my family, too, I'll note... party poopers... <.<) as a wizard (go figure) in blue (go figure?), and each year, I have been slowly adding on to and improving my outfit.  After this year, I think I pretty much have gotten everything I need for my wizard's outfit to look the way I had originally intended it to when I had thought it up those years ago, so I consider it pretty much complete now, which means I don't have to spend so much money next year we go to the festival.  Things I bought this year included a blue flask, blue gloves, and a blue medieval-esque shirt for me to wear beneath my blue wizard's cloak.  Yeah, did I mention "blue"?  Anyway, the day was pretty fun, except for about midday when a storm kinda swept in and began to rain on us.  I wasn't sure if rain would ruin my wizard's cloak or not (forgot what material we made it out of), but I wasn't about to risk it, so I had to hoof it back out of the festival and to our car to prevent the cloak from getting wet.  Holy heck, that parking lot was larger than I remember!  Note to self for future reference: do not try and run a mile mostly uphill with a 7 to 10 pound sword clinging to your hip.  That little run from across half of the festival grounds and then through the dirt-winding path to the area of the parking lot where we parked not only took the breath out of me, but also ended up killing my left leg where my sword was attached to my belt (did I mention the sword's hilt and sheath are also blue?).  Probably should have taken off that sword when I got back to the car, but I stubbornly decided to keep it on for the rest of the day, a decision that ended up with my leg being incredibly sore for two days after the festival.  I also mighta, kinda, sorta, quite possibly have gotten a tiny, itty-bitty lost in the parking lot trying to find where we parked... for half-an-hour... yeah... *gets death glare from mother*  O_O;  But beyond that, the day went pretty well and was a ton of fun as always.  I was considering recording some of the Festival with my camera so I could upload it to Youtube for people to see how it was, but I decided to hold off and save that for next year.  Guess we'll see... <.<

     Sunday dawned, and the only real notable thing I can remember about it was that my brother and I went to go see Kung Fu Kid.  Not a bad movie, but wasn't quite as good as I thought it would be, either.  I was able to watch the original Karate Kid a couple days before since my brother wanted to see it before viewing the remake, and thus rented it.  Of the two, I would have to say I enjoyed the original a bit more than the remake, although that was kind of a tough call.  I just felt like the original had a bit more impact and was overall better designed than the remake.  It was also a lot more easier to riff on and make fun of, although it wasn't too hard for someone like me to do so on either movie.  >=D  If you're expecting a fast-paced or at least decently paced movie, Kung Fu Kid is probably not what you're looking for; both versions are quite slower-paced compared to other movies now-a-days.  What's that?  It's "Karate" Kid, and not "Kung Fu" Kid?  You wouldn't know that by simply watching the remake.; I think the word "karate" is only mentioned once or twice in the film's entirety.  <.<  Besides the movie, my family went out to dinner later that night to celebrate my brother's birthday early, since chances were likely that I would not be down here to celebrate it on his actual birthday.  Yay, college.

     Had another appointment Monday (yesterday), this time with the dentist. They... didn't say much about my teeth this time, which I guess is an improvement over my last appointment sixth months ago.  o_o;  I had been brushing them much more often this time around, but I'm pretty sure they're still a rotting mess due to the mass amounts of unhealthy food I eat.  Beyond the appointment, though, I think I just spent the rest of the day doing homework, so nothing really interesting.  Overall, I thought it was a pretty nice weekend.  Unfortunately, I highly doubt the coming weekend will go as smoothly... or smoothly at all...  -.-;

0 comments:

Post a Comment